Everybody has questions when it comes to buying a caravan. Whether it’s big or small feel free to ask us either by phone or email. In the meantime here are some of the ones we get asked most in case this gives you your answer.

Can I access my caravan if the site is closed?

No, sorry. Unfortunately we don’t allow access into the park out of season.We may however be able to allow pre-arranged access if it is needed.

What can my caravan holiday home be used for?

Caravan holiday homes at our park can only be used for holiday purposes. This means the holiday home may not be someone’s main residence. That is why we ask you about the address of your main residence and will continue to do so while your own the holiday home.

What is a holiday?

A holiday is a period of recreation away from your main residence, during which no work is done.

How long can a holiday be?

There is no limit to the number of holidays which can be taken in the caravan holiday home provided that it is not used as someone’s only or main place of residence.

Can I work locally and my children go to local schools?

No as commuting to work or school from Tomlinsons Leisure Park would be taken as strongly indicating the holiday home is being used as someone’s main residence.

Can I register with the doctor locally?

Of course people get ill on holiday and may use the local doctor as a temporary patient. It should not be necessary for someone with a main residence elsewhere to register with the doctor for holiday periods unless they have particular health requirements.

I am retired and want to use the caravan holiday home all the time?

Being retired does not mean you are on holiday. The test is whether you have a main residence elsewhere.

My main residence is overseas does this count?

Yes but all the facts are relevant when deciding whether the overseas property or the caravan holiday home is your main residence. These would include whether you own the overseas property or, if it is rented then how long you have rented it for, how much time you spend in the holiday home and how much in the overseas property.

Can I run a business from the holiday home?

Definitely not. This would not be consistent with holiday use. However if someone wanted to keep in touch with their work or business whilst they are on holiday for example, they could use a laptop, tablet or smartphone.

Can I have post delivered to the park?

We do not facilitate this. If post is delivered as a matter of course this would indicate the holiday home is being used as a sole or main place of residence.

Can I register for Council Tax in order to obtain Housing Benefit?

No. Business rates and not Council Tax are charged for caravan holiday homes. Paying Council Tax or receiving Housing Benefit to pay the pitch fees would be taken as strongly indicating the holiday home is being used as a main residence.

What happens if I break the holiday restriction?

Your licence agreement with us contains your undertaking to comply with holiday conditions. If you broke that we would ask you to stop doing so. If you were to fail to comply, we would be entitled to terminate the agreement and to ask you to remove the caravan holiday home. The planning authority might also take action against you for breach of the holiday condition by serving an Enforcement Notice.

If your questions haven’t been answered please get in touch: +44 (0)1754 872 241 or EMAIL US Tomlinsons Button